makes about 20
3 oz (75 g) polyunsaturated margarine
3/8 cup (75 g) light muscovado sugar
4 tbsp (60 ml) clear honey
1 egg, beaten
4 oz (100 g) carrots, scrubbed and grated
1 1/4 cups (175 g) 6 oz self-raising wholemeal flour (whole grain)
1 level tsp (5 ml) baking powder
4 oz (100 g) porridge oats
25 g (1 oz) sesame seeds
2 oz (50 g) raisins, rinsed
1. Lightly grease 1 or 2 baking sheets and set aside.
2. Place the margarine, sugar and honey in a small saucepan and heat gently until the margarine has melted and the sugar dissolved. Cool slightly.
3. Mix together the egg and carrots. Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir until mixed.
4. Add the carrot and honey mixtures; stir well.
5. With moistened hands, shape heaped dessertspoons of the mixture into flat rounds.
6. Place, a little apart, on the prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for 10 -12 minutes, until lightly browned.
8. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
9. The biscuits will be crisp on the outside and soft in the centre.
10. Store in an airtight container.
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!