1 lb (450 g) tofu, cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes
1 large red pepper, cored, seeded and cubed
1 large green pepper, cored, seeded and cubed
grated rind and juice of 2 limes or 1 lemon
3 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp (30 ml) low-fat natural yogurt
2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce, preferably naturally fermented shoyu
1 garlic clove, skinned and finely chopped
1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) ground cumin
1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) curry powder
8 cherry tomatoes or 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
shredded lettuce, to serve
1. Put the tofu and pepper cubes into a shallow dish.
2. Mix together the lime rind and juice, olive oil, seasoning, yogurt, soy sauce, garlic and spices.
3. Spoon evenly over the tofu and peppers.
4. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours, turning the tofu and peppers occasionally.
5. Remove the tofu and pepper cubes from the marinade and thread on to skewers, alternating with the tomatoes.
6. Grill for 3 - 4 minutes, turn, brush with the marinade and cook for a further 3 - 4 minutes.
7. Serve on a bed of shredded lettuce.