1 large ripe avocado
1 garlic clove, skinned and crushed
1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) cayenne pepper
1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
1-2 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp (30 ml) natural Quark
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) paprika
1 celery stick, trimmed and finely chopped
7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) powdered gelatine
strips of red pepper, to garnish
1. Scoop the flesh out of the avocado and place in a blender or food processor.
2. Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce, if using, and puree until smooth. Season.
3. Put the Quark into a bowl, sprinkle in the paprika and mix in the celery and seasoning.
4. Sprinkle the gelatine on to 30 ml (2 tbsp) cold water in a heatproof bowl and leave to soak for 1 minute.
5. Place over a pan of gently boiling hot water and stir until the gelatine is dissolved.
6. Stir 5 ml (1 tsp) into the cheese mixture.
7. Pour the remainder into the avocado mixture and blend briefly until mixed.
8. Pour half of the avocado mixture into 4 wine glasses.
9. Top with the cheese mixture, dividing it evenly. Finish with the avocado mixture.
10. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
11. Just before serving, garnish with strips of red pepper.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!