16 large lettuce leaves, thick stalks removed
8 lemon sole fillets, about 4 oz (100 g) each, skinned
1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
4 oz (100 g) peeled cooked prawns
1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh dill
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt fish stock or dry white wine
lemon slices, to garnish
1. Drop the lettuce leaves into a large saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 2 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse in cold water until the leaves are chilled. Dry on absorbent kitchen paper, then spread out on a flat surface.
3. Sprinkle the fillets with a little of the lemon juice and season.
4. Arrange a few prawns in the centre of each fillet and sprinkle over half the dill.
5. Fold the fish into thirds to enclose the prawns.
6. Place each folded fillet on a lettuce leaf and roll up again, folding the edges to form a neat parcel.
7. Place the fish parcels in a non-stick frying pan and sprinkle over the remaining lemon juice, stock or wine and pepper to taste.
8. Cover and cook gently for 15 minutes, until tender.
9. Remove the fish to a warmed serving dish.
10. Boil the cooking juices until reduced to about 90 ml (6 tbsp).
11. Stir in the remaining dill and pour over the fish.
12. Serve with lemon slices.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!