12 - 14 fresh asparagus spears, scraped and with ends trimmed
25 g (1 oz) polyunsaturated margarine
1 onion, skinned and chopped
1 1/4 cup (300 ml) 1/2 pint chicken or vegetable stock
salt and pepper, to taste
4 lean lamb chops, each 175 - 225 g (6 - 8 oz), well trimmed of fat
1. Cut off asparagus tips and reserve, then slice the stalks.
2. Melt margarine in a saucepan, add the onion and asparagus stalks and cook gently for 5 minutes.
3. Add the stock and seasoning, bring to the boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until tender.
4. Puree the mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth.
5. Return to pan to reheat, and adjust the seasoning.
6. Grill lamb chops for 10 - 15 minutes, turning once, until cooked as desired.
7. Meanwhile, cook reserved asparagus tips in boiling water for 5 minutes, until just tender.
8. Drain and keep warm.
9. Serve the chops with asparagus tips on a bed of sauce.
10. Hand remaining sauce separately.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!