2 tbsps sunflower oil
1 large onion, sliced
450 g (1 lb) belly of pork skinned and diced into 4 cm (1 1/2 inch) cubes
2 tbsps tomato ketchup
3 tbsps soft brown sugar
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tbsp malt vinegar
1 tbsp black treacle
425 g (15 oz) canned haricot beans
1 tbsp cornflour mixed with a little water
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pour the sunflower oil into a large casserole dish and heat on HIGH for 2 minutes. Add the onion and cook on HIGH for a further 2 minutes.
2. Add the pork and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.
3. Mix the ketchup, sugar, mustard, vinegar and treacle together.
4. Drain the beans, reserving 140 ml (1/4 pint) of the liquid. Add the reserved bean liquid and the ketchup mixture to the pork. Stir well. Cover and cook on MEDIUM for 15 minutes.
5. Add the beans, cornflour and water and seasoning. Cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Leave the casserole for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.