1. Do not wash the raspberries unless absolutely necessary; if they have to be washed, drain very thoroughly.
2. Bring the fruit gently to the boil without any added water, then boil rapidly for 5 minutes.
3. Warm the sugar. Draw the pan off the heat, add the warmed sugar, then stir well over low heat until all the sugar has dissolved.
4. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 1 milute.
5. Remove from the heat, skim quickly, pot at once, cover, and label.
Note This jam does not set firmly, but it has a delicious fresh flavour.