3/4 cup 170 g (6 oz) butter, cut into pieces
2 cups (200 g) 7 1/2 oz flour
6 eggs, beaten
900 ml (1 1/2 pints) fresh whipping cream
icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
1 lb (450 g) plain chocolate
1/3 cup (75 g) 3oz castor sugar
1. Place the butter in a medium saucepan with 400 ml (3/4 pint) water. Heat gently until the butter melts then bring to a fast boil.
2. Immediately remove from the heat and beat in the sifted flour until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Allow to cool.
3. Gradually beat in the eggs, keeping the mixture stiff.
4. Using a piping bag and plain nozzle, pipe into forty rings on dampened baking sheets; allow room to spread.
5. Bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for about 30 minutes until well risen and crisp. Split open and cool on wire racks.
6. Whip the fresh cream until stiff. Fill the buns with the fresh cream and dust with icing sugar. Chill for 1 hour.
7. Put broken chocolate in a saucepan and warm gently with the caster sugar and 600 ml (1 pint) water until dissolved. Simmer gently in an open pan until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Serve in a sauce boat or jug.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!