200 g (8 oz) shortcrust pastry
1 lb (450 g) lean pork, sliced thinly
6 bacon rashers
salt and pepper
4 large apples, sliced
2 onions, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped sage
150 - 300 ml (1/4 -1/2 pint) stock
1. Arrange the pork in alternate layers with the bacon and apples.
2. Put sage, onion and seasoning between each layer.
3. Pour over enough stock to cover.
4. Roll out the pastry and attach a lid.
4. Make a hole in the top of the pie.
6. Glaze and bake at 220°C, 425°F, mark 7 for 10 - 15 minutes, then reduce to 180°C, 350°F, mark 4 for a further hour.