1 crisp lettuce
8 oz (225 g) potatoes, cooked and diced
8 oz (225 g) green beans, sliced and cooked
2 medium carrots, cut into strips and cooked
175 g (6 oz) cabbage, finely shredded
2 large tomatoes, skinned
4 medium eggs, hard boiled (cooked)
110 g (4 oz) onion rings, crisply fried
1 small onion, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp chilli powder
1 1/4 cups (10 fl oz) 300 ml water
110 g (4 oz) peanuts, ground
salt, to taste
1 tbsp wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
to make the salad
1. On a large platter, arrange the lettuce round the outer edge.
2. Then arrange the potatoes, green beans, carrots, cabbage, tomato slices and quartered eggs.
3. Scatter the onion rings over the salad.
to make the dressing
1. Fry the diced onion in the oil until transparent.
2. Add the chilli powder, water and ground peanuts.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Add the salt, vinegar and sugar.
5. Allow to cool until just warm, then pour over the vegetables and serve.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!