1 medium onion, skinned and finely chopped
1 tbls (15 g) 1/2 oz butter
8 oz (225 g) Lancashire cheese, crumbled
1 level tsp (5 ml) prepared mustard
397 g (14 oz) packet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten
1. In a frying pan fry the onion in butter until transparent. Transfer to a bowl and combine with cheese and mustard.
2. Cut the pastry into eight pieces. Roll each one into an oval shape (the pastry should be fairly thin). Cut each oval in half lengthwise; at one end roll a little of the pastry to the side to give a 'foot' shape.
3. Spoon the cheese mixture over half the pieces, leaving a margin around the edges. Dampen these edges with egg, cover with the other pieces of pastry. Seal the edges and knock up. Brush the tops with more egg.
4. Place on baking sheets. Bake in the oven at 220°C (425f) mark 7 for about 20 minutes.
5. Serve warm with baked tomato halves or a tomato salad.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!