2 3/4 cup (550 g) 12 oz dried fruit - apricots, peaches, pears, prunes, apples
2 ripe bananas, peeled lemon juice
1 tbsp (15 ml) clear honey
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt fresh double cream (heavy cream)
chopped walnuts to decorate
1. Soak the dried fruit in cold water overnight. Drain.
2. Reserve twelve thin slices of banana for decoration and dip in lemon juice.
3. Place the remaining banana in a blender with the dried fruit and honey. Blend .until smooth. (It may be necessary to blend the mixture in two batches.)
4. Whip the fresh cream until softly stiff then fold into the fruit mixture.
5. Spoon into six individual dishes and chill. Serve decorated with banana slices and chopped nuts.