3 tbsp (45 ml) plain flour (All purpose)
pinch of salt
3 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup (75 g) 3oz caster sugar (superfine granulated)
450 ml (3/4 pint) milk
1 tbsp (15 ml) rum (optional)
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 2 oz (50 g) butter
675 g (1 1/2 lb) black cherries, stoned (seeded) and washed
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl then blend in the eggs. Add 45 ml (3 tbsp) of sugar.
2. Heat the milk until lukewarm and gradually stir it into the egg mixture, with the rum, if used.
3. Butter a shallow dish, put in the cherries, pour in the batter and dot with the remaining butter.
4. Bake in the.oven at 220°C (425°F) mark 7 for 25-30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the pudding with the remaining sugar and serve lukewarm.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!