200 g (8 oz) shortcrust pastry
2 oz (50 g) ratafias
1/2 cup (50 g) 2 oz flour, sifted
2 oz (50 g) walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup (50 g) 2 oz castor sugar
3 Tbsp (40 g) l 1/2 oz melted butter
1. Line a flan tin with pastry.
2. Spread apricot jam over the bottom of the pastry.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar until they are creamy and you can form a ribbon that stays on the surface of the mixture.
4. Stir in the flour, butter and walnuts.
5. Pour the mixture into the pastry and cook at 230°C, 450°F, mark 8 for 10 minutes.
6. Lower the heat to 185°C, 360°F, mark 4-5 and cook for a further 20 minutes.
7. Decorate with the ratafias stuck in place with a little jam.