300 g (12 oz) puff pastry
1 large tin artichoke bottoms
salt and pepper
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 hard-boiled egg yolks
200 g (8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
3 - 4 tablespoons white wine
1. Roll out the pastry and line a pie plate - reserving enough for a lid.
2. Arrange the artichoke bottoms, mushrooms and the chopped yolks of the hard-boiled eggs in layers in the pie.
3. Cover with pastry, pressing the lid well down, and glaze with a little of the egg yolk.
4. Bake at 220°C, 425°F, mark 7 for about 30 minutes until the pastry is risen and golden.
5. Take the pie from the oven and allow to cool a little while you make a sauce.
6. Beat the rest of the egg yolks with the lemon juice, warm the wine and add gradually to the egg mixture.
7. Beat continuously and return to the pan off the heat. Stir well.
8. Cut a large circle from the top of the pie, pour in the sauce and replace the pastry in the hole.
9. Serve hot.