200 g (8 oz) puff pastry
meat from 1 cooked chicken
3 tablespoons sherry
salt and pepper
120 ml (4 fl oz) cream
200 g (8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
2 sticks celery, chopped
1/2 cup (50 g) 2 oz blanched almonds, toasted
pinch of nutmeg
for the white sauce
450 ml (3/4 pint) chicken stock
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz butter
3 tbls (25 g) 1 oz flour
1. Make a white sauce by melting the butter, adding the flour and stock.
2. Add the chicken, almonds, mushrooms, celery and sherry. Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg. Put in a deep pie dish.
3. Roll out the pastry, cover the dish and glaze.
4. Bake at 220°C, 425°F, mark 7 until the pastry is browned, about half an hour.
5. Allow to cool a little and carefully remove the pastry from the dish.
6. Stir in the cream. Cut the pastry into triangles and arrange around the dish for serving.