1 stick (8 tbsp) 4 oz (112 g) butter
3 rashers lean unsmoked bacon, chopped
12 button or pickling onions
1 tsp tomato puree (paste)
8 oz (225 g) cooked peas
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lb (450 g) spaghetti
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt half the butter in a frying pan and add the bacon.
2. Cover and cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
3. Add the onions with a little water and top up the water from time to time to allow them to cook without frying.
4. Dilute the tomato puree with a little hot water and add to the onions.
5. Add the peas and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook for 15 minutes until onions are cooked, but remain firm.
7. Cook the spaghetti in boiling water until just soft, drain well and place in a warm serving dish.
8. Gradualy add small dots of the remaining butter to the spaghetti, mixing well
9. Pour the sauce over the top, sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.