1 lb (500 g) button mushrooms
2 fresh green chillies, seeded
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 onion, cut into wedges
2/3 cup (5 fl oz.) 160 ml coconut milk
1/8 cup (30 g) 6 teaspoons butter or ghee
bay leaves, to garnish
1. Wipe mushrooms and trim stalks, then set aside.
2. Put chillies, ground coriander, cumin, chilli powder, garlic, onion, coconut milk and salt to taste in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade and blend until smooth.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan, add mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
4. Pour over spicy coconut milk and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
5. Serve hot, garnished with bay leaves.