2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb (450 g) leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
4 tbsp chicken stock
6 tbsp single cream
6 oz (175 g) cooked chicken, chopped
2 oz (50 g) smoked ham, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 oz (225 g) ready-made shortcrust pastry
1/2 cup (30 g) fresh breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) Gas Mk 6.
2. Place the butter and oil in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat, add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Pour in the stock, cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add the cream, eggs, chicken, ham and salt and pepper to the leeks and mix well.
6. Roll out the pastry on a flat floured surface and use to line a 9 inch (23 cm) fluted flan ring.
7. Stand the flan, ring on a thick baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes.
8. Arrange the chicken filling mixture in the flan case, sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and bake in the oven for 15 minutes then turn the heat down to 325°F (170°C) Gas Mk 3 for 15-20 minutes or until the flan is set and golden brown.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!