2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 onions, finely chopped
250 g (8 oz) packet frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
2 teaspoons dried dill
125 g (4 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons thick sour cream
12 sheets filo pastry
1 stick (8 tbsp) 4 oz (112 g) butter, melted
1. Gently heat oil in a saucepan and saute the onions until tender, but not coloured.
2. Add the spinach and saute for a further 2 minutes. Add the dill and feta cheese.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4. Mix in the egg and sour cream. Chill.
5. Take 1 sheet of the filo pastry, (keep remaining sheets covered with damp absorbent paper) and brush with butter.
6. Top with another sheet of filo and cut into 3 strips.
7. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture on one end of a strip and roll up, tucking in the edges.
8. Brush the end with more butter to seal.
9. Repeat with the remaining pastry and spinach filling.
10. Place the rolls joined end down on baking trays and bake at 200C (400F/Gas 6) for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!