Deep-Fried Camembert inherits it's name from the use of Camembert cheese, along with strawberries, breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
makes 6 wedges
125 g (4 oz) round or semi circle Camembert cheese, well chilled
1 egg, beaten
60 g (2 oz) 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
125 g (4 oz) 3/4 cup sesame seeds
vegetable oil for deep-frying
fresh strawberries, to serve (optional)
1. Cut the Camembert into 6 wedges.
2. Dip the wedges of cheese, one at a time, into the beaten egg, turning to coat each wedge.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds together on a sheet of greaseproof paper.
4. As each cheese wedge is coated with egg, place in the sesame and breadcrumb mixture, and coat the cheese evenly.
5. If not serving immediately, put on a plate and chill.
6. Heat oil for deep-frying and fry the cheese wedges a few at a time until golden on all sides.
7. Garnish with strawberries and serve.
17 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!