300 g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
25 g butter
450 g leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
300 g courgette's, wiped and thinly sliced
100 g frozen peas
25 g fresh white breadcrumbs
6 large eggs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
200 ml milk
200 g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 5 minutes until just tender. Drain.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a 23 cm round, non-stick frying pan, and gently fry the leeks and courgette's for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender
3. Place the peas in a bowl and pour boiling water over, leave to stand for 5 minutes then drain and toss into the pan with the leeks, courgette's and cooked potatoes. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
4. Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, seasoning and milk Add the cooked vegetables, feta and chives and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, until the edges of the egg are beginning to set
5. Place under a medium grill for 3 to 4 minutes until the top sets and is golden. Allow to rest in the pan for at least 10 minutes then, using a spatula, carefully transfer to a serving plate and cut into thick wedges.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!