Bread Dough Base
Special Tomato Sauce
30 g (1 oz) chorizo sausage, sliced thinly
30 g (1 oz) button mushrooms, wiped and sliced thinly
45 g (1 1/2 oz) artichoke hearts, sliced thinly
30 g (1 oz) Mozzarella, sliced thinly
3 anchovies, halved lengthways
2 tsp capers
4 pitted black olives, sliced
4 fresh basil leaves, shredded
olive oil for drizzling
salt and pepper
1. Roll out or press the dough, using a rolling pin or your hands, into a 25 cm (10 inch) circle on a lightly floured surface. Place on a large greased baking sheet (cookie sheet) or pizza pan and push up the edge a little.
2. Cover and leave to rise slightly for 10 minutes in a warm place before spreading with tomato sauce almost to the edge.
3. Put the sliced chorizo on to one quarter of the pizza, the sliced mushrooms on another, the artichoke hearts on a third, and the Mozzarella and anchovies on the fourth.
4. Dot the with the capers, olives and basil leaves. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season. Do not put any salt on the anchovy section as the fish are very salty.
5. Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 18 - 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden and crisp. Serve immediately.