serves 4 - 6
4 cups (1 litre) 1 3/4 pint consomme
for the garnish
25 g (1 oz) pasta (tiny fancy shapes or macaroni, spaghetti or vermicelli)
1. Cook the pasta for the garnish in boiling salted water.
2. Tiny fancy shapes of Italian pasta require 4 - 8 minutes cooking time; macaroni requires 12 - 20 minutes and should be cut with scissors into 5mm rings after boiling
3. Spaghetti requires 7 - 12 minutes and should be broken into 2cm lengths before boiling; noodles or vermicelli require only 5 minutes and should be broken into 2cm lengths before boiling.
4. Drain the pasta and put it into a warmed tureen.
5. Heat the consomme to boiling point.
6. Pour the hot consomme over the pasta, and serve.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!