450 g (1 lb) king prawns
2 tbsps oil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsps ground cumin
Grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
2 courgettes, cut in matchsticks
200 g (7 oz) canned tomatoes, crushed
1 bay leaf
2 - 3 tsps cornflour mixed with 3 tbsps lemon juice
Salt and pepper
1. Shell and devein the prawns.
2. Pour the oil into a casserole and add the spices, ginger, garlic and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes on HIGH.
3. Add the courgettes, tomatoes, bay leaf, the cornflour mixed with lemon juice and salt and pepper. Cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
4. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes on HIGH then leave to stand for 5 minutes to finish cooking. Remove the bay leaf.
5. Serve with plain boiled rice or rice pilaff, Accompany with mango chutney and yoghurt.
13 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!