350 g butter
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
6 egg yolks
for the fish:
12 sole fillets
freshly ground black pepper
a bunch of flat-leaf parsley
3 lemons, halved
1. First make the sauce. Melt the butter slowly in a saucepan.
2. In a separate, small saucepan, heat the white wine vinegar and lemon juice until just boiling.
3. Place the egg yolks in a jug and blend with a hand-held blender, then slowly add the hot vinegar and lemon juice. Then, just as the butter comes to the boil, slowly pour it into the egg yolks and vinegar, constantly blending until all the butter is incorporated. Place the jug in a basin of hot water and cover until ready to serve. If it is too thick, blend in a dash of water.
4. Set the grill to hot. Lay the sole fillets on the grill pan, drizzle with olive oil, season and place under the hot grill for 5 minutes.
5. Serve the sole with sprigs of parsley, halves of lemon and the hollandaise sauce.