700 g (1 1/2 lb) potatoes, peeled and sliced
8 oz (225 g) bacon
175 g (6 oz) Gouda cheese, grated
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp (25 g) flour
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt vegetable or chicken stock
Parsley for garnish
1. Boil the potato slices in lightly salted water for 5 minutes, then drain well.
2. Cut off the rind and chop the bacon.
3. Reserve one third of the cheese and layer the remainder in a greased casserole dish with the potatoes, bacon, onion and parsley.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Blend together the flour and stock until smooth, then pour over the casserole ingredients.
6. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and cook in the oven Gas mark 4, 350°F (180°C) for 45 minutes.
7. Serve garnished with parsley sprigs.
12 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!