1. Peel and finely grate the raw potatoes and onion into a bowl and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
2. Drain off any liquid which collects in the bowl.
3. Add the eggs and all the other ingredients, except the butter and parsley, to the bowl and beat well until smooth.
4. Melt the butter in a heavy frying pan and, when hot, drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot butter and cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Turn the pancakes and cook on the other side for a further 2 - 3 minutes until golden brown.
6. Drain well on kitchen paper.
7. Serve garnished with parsley.