serves 4 - 6
250 g shortcrust pastry
2 medium size eggs
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz brown sugar
142 ml (1/4 pint) carton double cream (heavy cream)
4 tbsp creme fraiche
1 tsp vanilla essence
250 g raspberries, defrosted
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6.
2. Roll the pastry out on a lightly floured surface. Line a 23 cm fluted flan tin. Trim the edges, cover and chill for 20-30 minutes.
3. Lightly prick the base of the pastry case with a fork and line with a circle of greaseproof paper. Fill with baking beans and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and return the pastry case to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes.
4. Beat the eggs with the sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat in the cream, creme fraiche and vanilla essence.
5. Arrange the raspberries in the base of the pastry case and carefully pour over the egg and cream mixture.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until the filling is set and golden
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!