serves 10 buffet portions
454 g (1 lb) packet puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, beaten
340 g (12 oz) jar apricot jam
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
450 g (1 lb) fresh strawberries
3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out three-quarters of the pastry to a 30 cm (12 inch) round. Place on a baking sheet and prick well.
2. Roll out the remaining pastry and using a 7.5 cm (3 inch) fluted cutter, stamp out 12 crescents.
3. Brush the pastry round with beaten egg and arrange the crescents around the edge. Brush these with egg too.
4. Bake the pastry case in the oven at 220°C (425°F) mark 7 for 12 minutes. Prick the base again then lower the heat to 170°C (325°F) mark 3 for a further 10 minutes. Cool.
5. Warm the apricot jam and lemon juice, sieve and return to the pan. Brush a little over the base of the pastry case.
6. Arrange the fruit in wedge shapes in the pastry case radiating outwards from the centre to the pastry crescents.
7. Glaze the fruits and pastry edge with the remaining warm jam.
7 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!