Barbecued meats are popular in the Middle East, though they are not marinated or brushed with sauce in the American tradition.
Chicken hearts are very inexpensive and very delicious?this recipe is simplicity itself.
1 pound, about 2 cups, koshered chicken hearts
8 pita breads
Tabasco or other hot sauce
1. Thread the chicken hearts onto 8 long skewers, allowing 6 hearts per skewer.
2. Broil the hearts over a charcoal grill or under a broiler, turning frequently to ensure even cooking.
3. When they start to brown, after about 7 minutes, they are done.
4. Cut each pita bread across the top and put 1 tablespoon of salad inside.
5. Add hearts from 1 skewer and sprinkle with salt and a few drops of hot sauce.
6. Serve immediately.
13 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!