This is traditional on Purim in Eastern and Central Europe, where all kinds of poppyseed goodies are eaten.
pareve, kosher jor Passover
makes about 1 pound
1 cup honey
1 cup ground poppyseeds
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon rice paper (optional)
1. Put all the ingredients in a heavy-based pan set over high heat, and stir well.
2. Boil without stirring until the mixture is thick, about 10 minutes.
3. Cover a cookie sheet with rice paper or nonstick baking paper.
4. Pour the mixture onto the sheet and use a wooden spoon dipped in oil to spread mixture evenly.
5. Let cool to lukewarm, then mark it in squares. When cold, cut into 1/2 inch squares and remove the nonstick baking paper, if used.
6. The rice paper can be eaten with the candy.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!