1. Trim the white ends from the asparagus
2. Heat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
3. Drizzle a large non-stick baking tray with the olive oil, add the asparagus, toss them in the oil, then roast them for 10 minutes. The asparagus around the edge of the tray may be better roasted, so cook the middle pieces for a few minutes longer if needed.
4. Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving dish and add seasoning, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. With a vegetable peeler, carve ribbons of Parmesan over the top.
5. Serve hot or at room temperature.