1 small head curly endive
450 g (1 lb) frozen peeled prawns, thawed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 small honeydew melon
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
4 tablespoons creme fraiche
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
few drops Tabasco sauce
6 tablespoons dry sherry
4 slices lemon to garnish
1. Separate the endive leaves, using the inner ones to make the cocktail. Wash, shake dry and chop the endive. Line four cocktail glasses with endive.
2. Sprinkle the prawns with the lemon juice and olive oil. Cover the bowl and leave the prawns to marinate for about 30 minutes.
3. Remove the seeds from the melon and remove the flesh with a ball cutter. Remove the core and seeds from the peppers, then wash and wipe dry. Cut the green pepper into thin strips and the red into small cubes.
4. Mix the prawns with the melon balls and peppers and arrange over the endive.
5. Stir the creme fraiche with the lemon juice, Tabasco salt and sherry and pour over the cocktails. Garnish each cocktail with 1 very thin slice lemon (optional).
Serve with: small cheese straws or other savoury snacks.