1. Remove the skin and tubes, and cut the liver into 1cm thick slices.
2. Season the flour with salt and pepper.
3. Dip each slice of liver in the seasoned flour.
4. Cook the bacon rashers in a frying pan.
5. Transfer the bacon to a warmed dish and keep hot.
6. Fry the slices of liver lightly and quickly in the fat from the bacon until browned on both sides, without hardening or over cooking them.
7. Transfer the liver to a warmed serving dish, arrange the bacon around it and keep hot.
8. Drain off all but about 2 tsp of fat, stir in the remaining seasoned flour and cook until browned.
9. Gradually add the stock and stir until boiling.
10. Re season if required.
11. Garnish the liver and bacon with sprigs of parsley and serve the sauce separately.