4 chicken pieces
salt and pepper
2 medium eggs
40 g (1 1/2 oz) cheese, grated
40 g (1 1/2 oz) breadcrumbs
fat for deep frying
100 g (4 oz) mushrooms
25 g (1 oz) butter
50 g (2 oz) almonds, toasted
1. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with lemon juice.
2. Season and leave in a cold place for 2 hours.
3. Dip in beaten egg.
4. Mix together cheese and breadcrumbs and coat the chicken firmly with the mixture.
5. Deep fry until golden. Drain.
6. Fry the sliced mushrooms in the butter and scatter them over the chicken with the almonds.
7. Garnish with lettuce leaves and serve with new potatoes sprinkled with parsley, and peas.