1. Blend the custard powder with a little of the milk.
2. Heat the remaining milk to boiling point and pour on to the blended mixture.
3. Return to the pan and simmer, stirring all the time, until the mixture thickens.
4. Add 100 g of the sugar, cover, and leave to cool
5. Strain the tea, add the other 50 g of sugar to the tea and leave to cool.
6. Mix together the tea, cream and cold custard
7. Turn into a suitable container.
8. Chill until thoroughly cold, cover closely and half freeze
9. Beat the mixture well. Re-freeze until firm; label and store.
10. Ice creams made with an electric ice cream maker are prepared somewhat differently, and the manufacturer's directions should be followed.