Preparation time: 10 min, Cooking time: 13 - 18 min, Cals per serving: 140
2 large ripe figs
melted butter for brushing
1 cinnamon stick, roughly broken
6 tbsp runny Greek honey
6 tbsp marsala
creme fraiche to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan oven/Gas Mark 6. Make a small slit three-quarters of the way through each fig. Take two sheets of foil big enough to hold the figs in one layer.With the shiny side up, lay one piece on top of the other and brush the top piece all over with melted butter.
2. Stand the figs in the middle of the foil and scatter over the pieces of broken cinnamon stick. Bring the sides of the foil together loosely, leaving a gap at the top, and pour in the runny honey and marsala. Finally, scrunch the edges of the foil together so that the figs are loosely enclosed.
3. Put the foil parcel in the oven or on a barbecue, over medium hot coals, and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how ripe the figs are, until they are very tender.
4. Just before serving, open up the foil slightly at the top and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, to allow the juices to reduce and become syrupy.
5. Serve the figs immediately with a large dollop of creme fraiche and the syrupy juice spooned over.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!