Preparation time: 20 min Cooking time: 1 hr 55 min Cals per serving: 606
4 large baking potatoes , scrubbed
a little olive oil for rubbing
50 g (2 oz) butter
5 tbsp milk cooked
125 g (4 oz) gammon , cubed, fat removed
4 spring onions , sliced diagonally
125 g (4 oz) mature cheddar , grated
1 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan oven/Gas Mark 6. Prick the potatoes, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt.
2. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until a skewer glides easily through the centre of the largest potato.
3. Cut the potatoes in half lengthways. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and place it in a bowl, reserving the skins.
4. Add the butter and milk and mash well. Stir in the gammon, spring onions, half the cheddar and the herbs. Season with pepper.
5. Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins and sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the top.
6. Return the potatoes to the oven for a further 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!