100 g (4 oz) flaky pastry
150 g (6 oz) cream cheese, sieved, or soured cream
1 egg, separated
50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
2 tablespoons rum or brandy
1 egg white caster sugar for
sprinkling To Decorate fresh or canned apricot
halves jam glaze whipped cream
1. Roll out the dough and use to line an 18 cm ( 7 inch) flan tin.
2. Mix together the cream cheese or soured cream, egg yolk, sugar and rum or brandy. (If very stiff, if using cream cheese - add a little cream.)
3. Beat the 2 egg whites until stiff and fold into the creamed mixture.
4. Spoon into the flan case and smooth the top. Sprinkle with a little caster sugar.
5. Bake in a preheated moderately hot oven 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6 for 30 minutes. Cool.
6. When cool, place apricot halves over the filling and spread with jam glaze.
7. Decorate with whipped cream. Serve warm or cold.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!