150 g (5 1/2 oz) baby leeks, cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch) slices
175 g (6 oz), peeled weight, butternut squash, deseeded and cut into 2 cm (3/4 inch) chunks
1 1/4 tbsp medium ready-prepared curry paste
1 tsp rapeseed or vegetable oil
175 g (6 oz) cherry tomatoes
250 g (9 oz) dried pasta of your choice
300 ml (1/2 pint) White Sauce
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the leeks and cook for 2 minutes. Add the butternut squash and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain in a colander.
3. Mix the curry paste with the oil in a large bowl. Toss the leeks and butternut squash in the mixture to coat thoroughly.
4. Transfer the leeks and butternut squash to a non-stick baking tray and roast in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown. Add the tomatoes and roast for a further 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet and drain.
6. Put the sauce into a large saucepan and warm over a low heat. Add the leeks, butternut squash, tomatoes and coriander and stir in the warm pasta. Mix thoroughly and serve.
for the white sauce
250 ml (9 fl oz) skimmed milk 20 g (3/4 oz) cornflour
1 tsp mustard powder
2 small bay leaves 1 small onion
4 tsp freshly grated vegetarian Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
120 g (4 1/4 oz) baby spinach leaves
1. To make the sauce, put the milk into a small non-stick saucepan with the flour, mustard, onion and bay leaf. Whisk over a medium heat until thick. Remove from the heat, discard the onion and bay leaf and stir in the cheese. Set aside, stirring occasionally, to prevent a skin forming.