1. Wash the rice in a sieve under cold running water until the water runs clear. Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan.
2. Tip the rice into the stock with 1 tablespoon of the curry powder, bring to the boil, cover, then simmer gently for 20-25 minutes. Wash the raisins in hot water, drain and soak them in the orange juice. Halve the bananas, lengthways.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Brown the bananas on each side then roll each half in a slice of ham and secure with a cocktail stick.
4. Return the banana rolls to the pan and fry gently for 5 minutes, turning frequently. Stir the raisins and orange juice into the curried rice.
5. Season the rice with curry powder, salt and pepper, serve with the banana rolls on top and garnish with the chopped parsley.
Serve with: chicory salad.