1. Authentic Yugoslav lamb kebabs are cooked over charcoal, but these large kebabs can be cooked under the grill. Wash and dry the lamb and remove any skin. Cut the meat into 6 cm (2 1/2 in) cubes.
2. Thickly slice the onions. Quarter the peppers and chillies, remove core and seeds and cut each piece in half again. Wash the tomatoes and cut them into wedges.
3. Season the lamb with salt, pepper and paprika. Thread all the ingredients alternately on to large skewers and brush well with oil.
4. Cook the lamb kebabs on a grid over hot charcoal for 25 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with oil. Under a grill the kebabs will take about 15 minutes to cook.
5. Transfer the meat and vegetables from the skewers into a large bowl.
Serve with: chopped onion and green chillies