368 g/3 oz) packet frozen puff pastry
1 small leek
350 g (12 oz) white cabbage
100 g (4 oz) mushrooms
450 g (1 lb) mixed minced meat
1 tablespoon butter
2 egg yolks
salt and freshly milled white pepper
1 teaspoon soy sauce
100 g (4 oz) Gouda cheese
1 egg, separated
1. Defrost the pastry. Dice the onions. Trim, wash and cut the leek into rings and the cabbage into fine strips.
2. Trim, wash and finely slice the mushrooms. Fry the onion and minced meat in the butter in a large frying pan. Add the vegetables and braise for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Remove the minced meat and vegetables from the heat and work in the egg yolks, salt and pepper and the soy sauce. Finely dice the cheese.
4. Roll out the pastry into a large rectangle and spread it with the meat mixture, leaving 2.5 cm (l in) pastry around the edges. Sprinkle with the cheese.
5. Brush the pastry edges with beaten egg white and roll up the pastry, pressing the edges lightly together.
6. Place the roll on a moist baking sheet and brush with egg yolk. Bake for 35 minutes in a moderately hot oven (200°C, 400°F, gas 6) and serve hot.