500 g (18 oz) chicken breast fillets
1 white radish 2 oz (50 g)
1 small carrot 2 oz (50 g)
200 g (7 oz) potatoes
1 leek, white part only 2 oz (50 g)
200 g (7 oz) green beans
2 tbsp peanut oil
4 cups (1 litre) 1 3/4 pint rich chicken stock
5 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp honey
1-2 pinches salt
1 tsp green peppercorns
4 oz (100 g) peeled prawns
1. Rinse, pat dry and cube chicken fillets.
2. Scrape and rinse radish, then cut into strips the size of matchsticks.
3. Scrape carrot and potatoes, rinse and dry, cut into similar strips. Repeat process with leek and green beans.
4. Heat peanut oil. Fry cubes of chicken in it, add vegetables and continue to fry for a few minutes, turning all the time.
5. Heat chicken stock and pour onto vegetables. Cover pot and simmer for 15 minutes, then season with soy sauce, honey, salt and green peppercorns.
6. Finally add prawns and reheat gently.