75 g (3 oz) margarine or Butter
200 ml (7 fl oz) cold water
100 g (4 oz) plain flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
300 ml (10 fl oz) double cream
50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
175 g (6 oz) plain chocolate
300 ml (1/2 pint) cold water
1 tsp butter
1. Preheat oven 200°C/400°C/gas 6. Put butter or margarine in saucepan with water and bring to boil.
2. Remove from heat and immediately tip in all of flour. Beat thoroughly with wooden spoon until smooth.
3. Gradually beat in eggs. Cover 3 baking trays with baking parchment. With medium nozzle, pipe walnut-sized balls on to trays.
4. Bake for 25 - 30 mins until crisp. Make slit in side of each profiterole to release steam. Leave to cool on wire rack.
5. To make sauce, put sugar, chocolate and water in a saucepan. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until dissolved.
6 Bring to boil and simmer for 10 - 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until a thick pouring consistency.
7. Stir in butter, remove from heat and leave to cool.
8. Whip cream until stiff and fill profiteroles. Arrange on serving dish, pour over a little sauce and serve remaining sauce separately.