Remember, Pastry is only as good as the flour you use. Don't buy cheap flour.
makes sufficient for a 20.5cm (8 in) dish
1 1/3 cup (5 1/2 oz) 150 g self raising (self rising) flour
3 oz (75 g) potatoes, peeled, cooked and riced
1 level tsp salt
1 stick (8 tbsp) 4 oz (112 g) butter
75 ml (3 fl oz) water, very cold
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter
1. Mix all dry ingredients together and rub in the 112 g (4 oz) butter.
2. Bind with the water. Cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Roll out to an oblong shape, dot some of the 50 g (2 oz) butter over two thirds of the pastry and fold in three.
4. Seal the edges, turn the pastry round and roll out to an oblong and repeat the butter and folding routine three times.
5. Leave covered for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator before use.
19 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!