1. Brush 8 pieces of aluminium foil with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut off one third of the potatoes lengthways and remove as much of the potato flesh as possible.
2. Finely chop the potato you have removed as well as the peeled lids.
3. Wash, dry and finely chop the liver. Very finely chop the onion and garlic.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic until transparent. Add the liver, chopped potato, minced pork and chives and fry, stirring continuously, then season to taste. Fill the potatoes with this mixture.
5. Place each potato on a piece of oiled foil, sprinkle with cheese and dot with butter, then loosely seal the foil. Bake the potatoes in a hot oven (220°C, 425°F, gas 7) for 50 - 60 minutes.
Serve with: fresh mixed salad.