2 tbsp walnut oil
1 bunch spring onions (scallions), sliced
2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
250 g (8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
500 g (1 lb) fresh green and white tagliatelle
250 g (8 oz) frozen chopped leaf spinach, thawed and drained
125 g (4 oz) 1/2 cup full-fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
4 tbsp single (light) cream
60 g (2 oz) 1/2 cup chopped, unsalted pistachio nuts
2 tbsp shredded fresh basil
salt and pepper
sprigs of fresh basil, to garnish
Italian bread, to serve
1. Gently heat the oil in a wok or frying pan (skillet) and fry the spring onions (scallions) and garlic for 1 minute until just softened. Add the mushrooms, stir well, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 3-5 minutes until just tender. Drain well and return to the saucepan.
3. Add the spinach to the mushrooms and heat through for 1 - 2 minutes. Add the cheese and allow to melt slightly. Stir in the cream and continue to heat without allowing to boil.
4. Pour over the pasta, season and mix well. Heat gently, stirring, for 2 - 3 minutes.
5. Pile into a warmed serving bowl and sprinkle over the pistachio nuts and shredded basil. Garnish with basil sprigs and serve with Italian bread.