Special Tomato Sauce
200 g (7 oz) frozen seafood cocktail, defrosted
1 tbsp capers
1 small yellow (bell) pepper, chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
1/2 tsp dried oregano
60 g (2 oz) Mozzarella, grated
15 g (1/2 oz) Parmesan, grated
12 black olives
olive oil for drizzling
salt and pepper
sprig of fresh marjoram or oregano, to garnish
1. Roll out or press out the potato dough, using a rolling pin or your hands, into a 25 cm (10 inch) circle on a lightly floured work surface. Place on a large greased baking sheet (cookie sheet) or pizza pan and push up the edge a little with your fingers to form a rim.
2. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the base almost to the edge.
3. Arrange the seafood cocktail, capers and yellow (bell) pepper on top of the sauce.
4. Sprinkle over the herbs and cheeses. Arrange the olives on top. Drizzle over a little olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
5. Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 18 - 20 minutes until the edge of the pizza is crisp and golden brown.
6. Transfer to a warmed serving plate, garnish with a sprig of marjoram or oregano and serve immediately.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!